Friday, August 31, 2012

Caribbean Fruit Chicken



On Sunday we tried a new salsa, Caribbean Fruit Salsa. It is so yummy! Have you tried it? I bought it at Safeway (Vons) but I'm sure there are other stores that sell it. Anyway, I decided to try it on chicken over rice. It was pretty yummy but I think I'd try something different that I'll talk about later.


Ingredients:
1 tub Caribbean Fruit Salsa
1.5lb boneless skinless chicken (I cut it into little pieces)
1 small can pineapple tidbits
1.5 cups instant rice


1. I cut the chicken into bite size pieces and cooked it.. I also added a little season salt (I have to when I cook anything) and some red pepper flakes.


2. I added the salsa and pineapple next. I also turned down the heat a little so it wouldn't over cook the chicken or the salsa.



3. I cooked the rice.. haha sorry no pics of that excitement!

4. Put the chicken over rice and serve!




So I thought it was pretty good but I kinda like things to be saucy so I think next time I would add a little sweet and sour sauce and it'd be perfect!




1 comment: