- I used 1 1/2 lbs of lean ground beef cause I like leftovers (next time I plan on using ground turkey but I needed to use up my beef)
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp McCormick Montreal steak seasoning
- Buns of your choice. I used Sara Lee whole grain white mini buns
2. Mix up all your ingredients in a bowl, you may have to heat it up a bit in the microwave to be able to mix the tomato paste in.
I made a little extra of the mixture because I wanted to save the rest, add a few other things to it to make a bbq sauce
3. Pour the mixture over the beef once it's thoroughly cooked and mix it all up. Cook it for just a few minutes until the sauce gets warmed.
4. Put on buns and serve!
My husbands likes to add some "melty cheese" (kraft singles) to it. I think next time I may add some green bell pepper to it.
Hope you try and enjoy this! If you do leave me a comment and let me know what you thought!