Thursday, February 2, 2012

Homemade Sloppy Joes!

I made some homemade sloppy joes and they were sooo good that I thought I'd share the recipe!


  • I used 1 1/2 lbs of lean ground beef cause I like leftovers (next time I plan on using ground turkey but I needed to use up my beef)
  • 1 small can of tomato sauce
  • 1 small can of tomato paste
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 2 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tbsp McCormick Montreal steak seasoning
  • Buns of your choice. I used Sara Lee whole grain white mini buns
1. Start browning your beef, turkey whatever you choose.


2. Mix up all your ingredients in a bowl, you may have to heat it up a bit in the microwave to be able to mix the tomato paste in.

I made a little extra of the mixture because I wanted to save the rest, add a few other things to it to make a bbq sauce

3. Pour the mixture over the beef once it's thoroughly cooked and mix it all up. Cook it for just a few minutes until the sauce gets warmed. 

4. Put on buns and serve!

My husbands likes to add some "melty cheese" (kraft singles) to it. I think next time I may add some green bell pepper to it. 

Hope you try and enjoy this! If you do leave me a comment and let me know what you thought!

xoxo
Jenn

3 comments: