Friday, September 21, 2012

Yummy in my Tummy!



This meal is something my mom has made for years and I'm not exactly sure where she learned it but I love it and it's now one of my favorite meals to make.

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Meatball Ingredients:
I used about 2.5lbs of ground beef
1 egg
4 smashed up ritz crackers (you could use bread crumbs also)
1tbsp worcestshire sauce
1tbsp soy sauce
season salt
garlic powder
onion powder
pepper

Sweet and Sour Ingredients:
I just bought 2 10oz (i think) bottles of the store brand sauce
1 large can Dole pineapple tidbits


 Mix all sauces, seasonings, crackers and egg into the ground beef. I just use my hands to mix it and squish it up.

Roll them into about 1" balls and cook. A few of my friends mentioned that they bake their meatballs so you might want to try that also, definitely sounds easier.

Dump the sauces into a sauce pan, drain pineapple and add them. And as the meatballs are done add them.
Since the meatballs are fully cooked you only really need to cook it until the sauce is at your desired temp.

I chose to put it over rice so I cooked up some minute rice.
Enjoy!
 
 xoxo
Jenn 


5 comments:

  1. Yummy! I keep wanting to attempt to make sweet and sour meatballs but I haven't done it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. that sounds so good, i think my hubs would love it!

    ReplyDelete