Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Treats


I made some super yummy candied nuts the other day and they're so easy and so good I had to share!

Ingredients:
2 cups almonds
2 cups walnuts
1 egg white
1 tbsp water
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 300* F, line baking sheet with parchment paper.

Beat egg white and 1 tbsp of water 2 mins/until frothy and set aside. In medium bowl mix sugars and cinnamon.

In large bowl coat nuts in the egg white mixture, then coat them in 3/4 of the sugar/cinnamon mixture.

Spread evenly on the lined baking sheet, sprinkle some of the mixture on top. Bake 15 mins and then take it out, stir it and sprinkle remaining mixture on top and bake another 15 mins. 

Let cool completely before serving.


I hope you try these and love them! Have a good weekend!

xoxo
Jenn

2 comments:

  1. that looks yummy!
    I just came across your blog!! I am so happy I found it! I am now following! I look forward to keeping up and getting to know you more!

    xo
    Christina
    http://www.christinawhoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I'm not big on nuts but if you get them all sugared up I'll eat them ;)

    ReplyDelete