Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My crunchy transition! Part 2


As I type this I have a mouth full of coconut oil and saliva. I'm trying my best to keep it in my mouth and swish it around for 20 minutes. It really is as difficult as it sounds. I'm doing what is called "oil pulling". 
 
 

Oil pulling is supposed to be beneficial for a few different reasons. The first big reason I'm doing it is to whiten my teeth. Since I've started drinking coffee almost daily for the last 2 years my teeth have gotten some yucky looking stains. Another reason I do it is because I have really bad gums and they bleed easily and oil pulling has been known to help with that. And the last reason I do it is because it's been known to pull the nasty toxins out of your mouth, who doesn't need to do that?

Have you ever done it? What do you think?



1 comment:

  1. I've been oil pulling too! I am doing it for all sorts of reasons... mostly because I have kind of bad teeth, and because of my sensory issues I am terrified of going to the dentist. So hoping this will give me some extra cavity prevention. Seems to be working! My trick is to do it while I take a shower. By the time I take a shower, get dressed, and comb my hair, it has been twenty minutes. The time goes a lot faster than when I tried to do it while NOT in the shower! Plus the shower is the only place where people won't walk up to me and say, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

    ReplyDelete