Tuesday, April 8, 2014

DIY Gifts

We have a lot of family, which means a lot of birthdays! I don't really think it's completely practical to go out and buy a present for every member of your family. I do buy stuff for our nieces, nephew and young cousins but the older cousins, aunts, uncles, etc I've been using Pinterest to come up with some awesome DIY gifts! 

For my niece (17) I did a face scrub.
1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
1/2 cup organic sugar
1/4 brown sugar
10 drops Doterra Wild Orange essential oil
10 drops Doterra Peppermint essential oil

To make it easier to mix up I put the coconut oil in a small bowl, put hot water in a little bit bigger bowl and put the small bowl in it (careful not to get water in the small bowl). Mixed it all up and put it in a cute little jar with a label that said how to use it. It smelled sooooo good. 

My mother in law's birthday is coming up and I plan to make her this foot soak!

Have you made any fun gifts lately?



No comments:

Post a Comment